Tropical Creamed Rice
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 cup short grain white rice (80g), washed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup Mango puree or 2 tablespoon mango juice concentrate
- 1 can peach in light syrup (425g), drained and cut into chunks
- In a non-stick saucepan, bring rice and water to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add skim milk, bring to the boil over medium heat, then simmer for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Set aside the rice to cool. Then stir mango puree or juice in the cold rice. More skim milk can be added for a runnier consistency.
- Serve with peach. This dessert tastes nicer when it is kept in the fridge to cool well.
Private Dietitian http://www.privatedietitian.com/