Satay Chicken Skewers
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 160g chicken fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 2 slices tinned or fresh pineapple (about 80g), diced
- oil spray
- Wooden skewers may be presoaked in warm water to prevent burning during cooking.
- Marinate chicken in seasoning for at least 15 minutes.
- Thread the chicken, vegetables and pineapple on the skewers. Makes at least 8 skewers.
- Spray the skewers with vegetable oil or lightly brushed with oil and cook on a pre-heated grill until cooked. The skewers can be pan-fried instead of grilled.
- Serve with plain rice.
- 1 tablespoon of Satay sauce
- 1 tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
Private Dietitian http://www.privatedietitian.com/