Beef Stew in Oyster Sauce
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 400g beef brisket, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, cut into large pieces (600g)
- 1 onion, cut roughly
- Some spring onions, cut roughly
- 1 slice ginger
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- half cup water
- Coat beef pieces in oil, then brown them in a hot non-stick pan for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Lower the heat, add onion, ginger, and parsnip and saute until fragrant.
- Add seasoning and water to pan, then add meat, stir and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and simer over low heat for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Add extra water if necessary.
- Stir in spring onion at the end. Serve with plain rice or mash potatoes.
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- pinch of ground black pepper
Private Dietitian http://www.privatedietitian.com/