Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Eggs
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 17g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped roughly
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup skim evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- Place the cauliflower in a large sauce pan with the onion, garlic, and stock. Boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Blend the cooked vegetables in a food processor until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a little bit of the skim evaporated milk, then add to the soup with the rest of the milk.
- Return to the heat and cook until thickened, stirring all the time.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the chopped egg and coriander before serving.
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Private Dietitian http://www.privatedietitian.com/